Time for the special dish which is my favourite. Fish kaliya is one of a very popular Bengali authentic dish.which is cooked with adding different favoules spices. That gives the mouthwatering taste. Masor kaliya means fish cooked in a gravy or curry. The most common used fish is rou mas (A kind of fresh water carp). In Bengali it is called “rui maach”. As i am from an Assamese family background… But each and every member of our family love this dish. In fact my father cooked it much better than me .. 👌👌👌👌👌
Now let’s go for the preparation … ✌🍛
1kg rou mas (fish)
Whole garam masala’s 1tblspn
Cashew paste 1cup
Magaj dana (watar melon seeds) 1tblspn
Poppy seeds 1tblspn (Make paste of above these three ingredients together)
Whole cumin seeds 1teaspn
Cumin powder 1teaspn
Coriander powder 1teaspn
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspn
Redchilli powder 1teaspn
Garam masala powder 1teaspn
Oil as required
Salt for taste
Sugar a pinch
Tomato chopped 1cup
Onion paste 1cup
Ginger garlic paste 1tblspn
- At first wash the fish very well and marinate with half teaspn of turmeric powder,lemon juice of 1,salt as required. And keep aside for an hour.
- Now in a deep kadhai or pan heat the oil and fry the fish.keep it aside.
- In the same oil add the whole garam masalas (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves,bay leaves) and whole cumin seeds.
- Add the onion paste.. Saute it well.
- Add the raisins.
- Add the tomato chopped and mix it properly,add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Now add the powdered masala’s except garam masala powder. Mix it.
- Add the curd. Mix it very well.
- Now add the white paste of cashew,melon seeds,poppy seeds.
- Saute it well. Add salt as required.
- Now add the water .. If you want curry then add more water. I prefer a thick gravy. So give attention while adding water.
- Give it to boil.. Add the fried fish and cover the lid. Again give it to boil for 15mins.
- Check the seasoning.
- At last add the pinch of sugar and the garam masala powder.
Now this is ready to serve with a hot plate of steamed rice. Yummy 😋😋😋😋
Do try this … Hope you guys will enjoy it.. 👍💝