Our north-east india has lot of different ingredients.. Which are very flavourable and adds great taste to the cuisines… Such as bamboo shoots,banana flower,different green herbs, Alkaline or (khar)etc. I am very proud to be a girl of Assam which have such a unique way of living style and cooking habits . Love the different traditions and colourful cultures. Assam is a land of various tribal peoples, they have there unique traditions as well and have there unique way of cooking and preparing foods.
Mostly the tribal people use less spices and oil into there cuisines. They prepare there foods generally boiling and smoked in wood fire. The whole north east India is a group of various communities people.
Okay guys.. Now let’s move to the main fact..! Why i am telling these things.. ;)Because today i am gonna preapre a unique and very simple cuisine of our Assam. Later i will try to post different tribal rustic dishes.
What i am going to cook, is “til diya murgi manxo” Chicken with black sesame seeds. Isn’t it sounds yummmm… 😁 And do you guys know sesame seeds has different health benefits. It is a Combination of calcium and zinc.. And is enriched with anti aging powers. And also very good for our hair growth. 😉 Now let’s go for the recipe.
Black sesame seeds paste 1bowl (2tblspn)
Chicken half kilo
Onion paste 1cup & chopped 1/2cup
Ginger garlic paste 4teaspn
Panch phuran 1/2 teaspn (combination of fennel,fenugreek,nigella,cumin & black mustard seeds)
Black peppercorns 1teaspn
Turmeric powder 1teaspn
Green chillies 4 splited
Sugar a pinch
Salt for taste
Water as required
Mustard oil 1/4 cup
- Wash the chicken very well and pat dry it.
- Marinate the chicken with onion paste, half of the ginger garlic paste & salt. Keep aside for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a deep kadhai or pan heat oil and crackles the panch phuran.
- Add a pinch of sugar give it to caramelized.
- Add the chopped onions saute it till Golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste. Stir it
- Now add the peppercorns, turmeric and green chilles. Mix it well.
- Add the marinated chicken. Cooked it till it become tender while covering the lid.
- Add warm water and mix the chicken very well. (Don’t add much water)
- Now add the sesame paste and fry the chicken.
- Check the seasoning
- Garnish the chicken with green chilles and a spoon of mustard oil.
Ready to serve with steamed rice… 😁 Enjoy 🙌